SWIVEL JOINTS - GENERAL INFO
Our Swivel Joints are designed to give the maximum in swivel joint service.
Features and Benefits
- Full 360º rotational movement offers the maximum in flexibility.
- Widest spacing between dual ball bearing raceways ensures greater load-bearing capacity.
- The precision-machined design ensures alignment and years of trouble-free service.
- An O-Ring dust seal is used to protect the ball races and seal chamber from all outside elements.
- The radius elbow design ensures a smooth flow pattern.
- The spring-loaded triple V-Ring sealing system ensures a leak proof seal at either high or low pressure and an extended seal life versus the conventional single O-Ring design.
- The 3" - 8" Carbon Steel swivels are manufactured from a special grade of Carbon Steel with flame hardened dual raceways for greater load bearing capacity and longer life.
- The Stainless Steel swivels are manufactured in 316 grade Stainless Steel for superior corrosion resistance.
- The V-Ring type swivels are available with beveled ends for welding, female NPT threads or 150# ASA flanges.
- The O-Ring pressure seal ensures a leak proof seal at either high or low pressure and smooth rotation at lower torques than multiple seal designs.
- Spring-loaded PTFE pressure seals are now available up through 3".
- The O-Ring type swivels are standard with female NPT threads.
- Carbon Steel and Stainless Steel O-Ring type swivels provide greater strength and corrosion resistance when needed for lower torque applications.
- Male NPT threads, 300# ASA flanges, Tank Car thread with gasket, TTMA Tank Truck flanges, British Pipe threads, etc. are available as optional end configurations for V-Ring type swivels.
- 150# ASA flanges, TTMA Tank Truck flanges, Tank Car thread with gasket, male NPT threads, etc. are available as optional end configurations for O-Ring type swivels in Aluminum, Carbon Steel and Stainless Steel only.
- Any combination of ends is available.
- Viton®, EPR and PTFE seals are available from stock. Other seals are available on request. Buna-N Seals are standard.
- Drain holes or counter balance lugs are available. Consult our Customer Service Department
- For other metals or configurations, consult our Customer Service Department
- A food grade lubricant is available.
- If swivels are to be used for suction or submerged service, please specify to ensure proper sealing of packing chamber.
- Swivels specifically designed for unique applications can also be produced by special order (i.e. Oxygen service, Steam service, etc.). Consult our Customer Service Department
- Note: All dimensions are approximate. Where critical, consult our Customer Service Department
- We reserve the right to alter dimensions as design changes occur. Certified drawings are available on application.
Because every Swivel Joint is built to order, they are not generally returnable. Requests for returns will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Restocking charges will consist of our standard 20% restocking charge, PLUS any additional costs incurred.
Ordering Information - Swivels
To select the proper swivel joint you need the following information:
Size ____________________________ Style (Shape) ____________________________
End Configurations ____________________________ Material ___________________
Maximum Working Pressure _____________ Temperature Range ___________________
Product Being Handled (if a chemical, advise concentration) ________________
If for Constant Rotation, advise RPM _______________________________________
If for Suction Service, advise maximum vacuum in inches of Mercury (Hg) ____
[B]Style (see diagrams)
150# ASA Flange
Tank Truck Flange
300# ASA Flange
|[D] Material||CS (V-Ring)|
|Code #||[E] Pressure Seal||[F] Dust Seal||[G] Retainers||[H] Ball Bearings||[I] Grease|
|440 Grade SS||FDA Approved/|
|316 Grade SS||Silicone|
The Swivel should be packed such that the surfaces coming in contact with the fluid being handled are compatible with that fluid. In the case of the use of the swivel in submerged service, this would include the Dust Seals and Ball Bearings.
We always recommend the use of Stainless Steel Ball Bearings when building a swivel for submerged service, since, should the standard Carbon Steel Ball Bearings rust together, they can make it impossible to disassemble the swivel and may affect its operation.
Parts Identification Lists
3) Ball Bearings
4) Seal Retainer
5) V-Ring (Pressure) Seal
6) Spring Retainer
8) Ball Retainer Screw
9) Grease Fitting
10) O-Ring (Dust) Seal
1) O-Ring (Dust) Seal
2) Ball Retainer Screw
3) O-Ring (Pressure) Seal
4) Grease Fitting
5) Ball Bearings
Viton® is a registered trademark of DuPont Dow Elastomers
Tampa Rubber & Gasket Co., Inc.
215 North 20th Street
Tampa, FL, USA 33605
E-Mail - The Post Office
|We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express & Discover